Level 4 Award in Food Safety
Qualification overview and objective
The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in a respective role, or to support a role in the workplace.
The qualification is intended for those whose job requires them to have some responsibility for food safety. Learners are likely to have management responsibilities for an operational team.
This qualification covers the subject of food hygiene at a suitable depth to ensure learners have a thorough knowledge of hazards and controls; its focus is on the importance of developing, implementing and monitoring food safety procedures.
Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good
practice in the production of safe food.
- Understand how food business operators can ensure compliance with food safety legislation
- Understand the operational requirements needed to ensure food safety
- Understand how to establish food safety management procedures
- Understand the controls required for food safety
- Understand how to maintain food safety management procedures